- 0 Comments
- May 18, 2013
- by ServiceMaster Harrisburg
- Fire Damage York Pa,
- Leave a comment
Fire Damage York Pa
There is a lot of destruction and loss of property associated with fire. In fact, most of the households loose a majority of their property and assets when a fire incidence occurs. The spread of fire can be stopped and the fire department can help in helping your house from not getting completely ruined. However, by the time the fire is stopped, the damage is normally done and the homeowners are left with nothing but smoke and burnt objects. In such a case, it can be difficult to start building the house all over again or even resurrecting the building. However, if you call the experts, at ServiceMaster of Greater Harrisburg and West Shore this can be handled with ease. Here are a few ways in which professional fire
damage restoration services in York Pa can help.
- Restoration of Smoke Damage- This damage is of two types, wet and dry. Wet damage is generally when there is a low intensity heat and it leaves a very sticky residue behind which can be very difficult to clean. The dry damage occurs when the burning process is quite fast. This type of residue is generally powdery in form and it has very small particles which can easily leave a stain everywhere.
- Residual Protein- though it is not quite like the smoke damage, it leaves a very sharp and pungent odor behind and is generally invisible. Therefore, removing it can be very difficult.
- Oil, Grease and Tar- The soot left behind in this way can be very messy even when it comes to cleaning. It damages the household items the most and is normally quite difficult to ward off. Even the unburnt items can be damaged heavily because of these three.
- Smoke Odor- Even when the solid particles are removed, there is always some odor left in the house. The odor generally comes from textiles like bed sheets, upholstery, curtains, carpets etc. This odor also needs to be cleaned.
The above type of damage may make the owner think that it is irreparable. However, it is not. If you call an efficient, skilled and professional fire damage restoration service in York Pa, they will be able to clean the damage easily. On most of the occasions, the majority of the damage can be reversed. There will be items that will need to be restored and some others that have to be completely disposed off. In either case, you will not be disappointed.
They will open up all the doors and windows in order to ensure proper ventilation and circulation of air inside the home. They will use dehumidifiers and fans in order to dry any wet items and remove traces of grease and nicotine from the house and the furniture as well. If there are any items made of metal, like brass, copper, aluminum etc, they will be cleaned separately with industrial level cleansers before being replaced.